Friday 19 September 2014

5 days, 62 volunteers and the largest spring tides of the Year- Shoresearch Week Goes OFF!

Thanks to all who came and joined me in my marathon 5 days of frantic shoresearching which included, Timed species searches, walkovers, Biotope Transect surveys and Quadrat surveys at all five of Cornwall's Voluntary Marine Conservation Areas. It has been an epic week- each day I have shared my favorite photos on Facebook but I plan to use the Blog to tell some of the stories of the week. Over the next few days I plan to upload my highlights of the week - a week I will certainly remember for a long time, not just for the incredible creatures we found, but for the incredible weather, the low tides, the lack of swell and for the incredible team of volunteers who shared in the experience, really helped me out and made it a really fun week!

me in action!
Nick and John 
Rob and the rock of dreams - more to follow..


This is the calmest and lowest I have ever seen the sea at Polzeath in three years of September surveys 

knees and backs were aching at the end of this week but we were all buzzing from having been privileged to have seen the sights we saw!

Rosie and the find of the day - can you spot him... more details to follow in the next posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment